Let's start with how the beginning of the game looks on each version:
1. Scoring system reworked. "Score" has been changed to "kills".
2. Multipliers. You get more kills for bigger targets and blowing up the fur bombs when other enemies are in range gets you even more extra kills. Beast mode gives double kills.
3. Remade snow level. It has different layout and everything from trees to bushes is covered in snow. Remember the original Kid Gore? This is a change of similar magnitude.
4. New difficulty selection. Probably my favourite in terms of wow factor. The camera is zoomed way out to give you a better view of the level.
5. Unique muzzle flashes for all weapons. For now it's just a visual flavour but in Episode 4 it is used to communicate co-op weapon efficiency for each player. The closer players get to each other the bigger the muzzle flashes & faster the fire rate. It's made to encourage cooperative play.
6. Hearts for health visualization. They are displayed in the top left corner. If the character has 5 health states you don't have to remember how each one looks.
7. Clover pick-up and slots right where you pick up the clovers. Makes it easier to see how many you have because it's displayed where the action is at.
Game Center related changes:
1. Achievements through Game Center with prettier achievement icons.
2. New leaderboards with less clutter and faster response time. OpenFeint leaderboards are gonna be removed.
Let's not stop quite here, then there's the bug fixes:
1. Retina display enabled on iPod touch 4. We got ipt4 at the office and it's working beautifully on it.
2. Flip screen bug fixed on iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4. This one should remain fixed until Apple rolls out the next device with different resolution. ;)
3. Sometimes fire direction got stuck, it shouldn't do that anymore.
Kimmo is working hard on finishing the Game Center implementation, then the update should be ready for testing & submission.
We get some new promo codes for each update. Most people who read this blog probably already have the iPhone version, in any case here's 40 promo codes for the iPhone version you can share with your friends!
Please leave a review on iTunes if you use one :)
EDIT! Looks like all promo codes are taken, I'll clear this space so you don't have to scroll so much EDIT!