Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Insider's view

I figured it would be cool to give you guys a designer-coder's perspective into how everything is coming along with Minigore. So, I'll be posting here from now on with irregular regularity. I will try to keep the emphasis on the more interesting stuff and refrain from straying too deep into the technical.

I worked some on the virtual analog sticks today, mainly experimenting with different sizes and locations (thanks Kartel for pointing it out!). The sticks are larger now and much better as such, but I don't like it how the character completely stops moving when my thumb slips over the stick's area. I have to check out how other games have done it and experiment some more.

1 comment:

  1. Was looking at the older posts saw this one and really felt involved. I have died countless times because my thumb has gone too far off the pad. I suggest that you be able to drag ur finger all over the screen, or at least half, until u lift ur finger. Keep the same pads, but allow greater movement.

    ReplyDelete